[title size=”1″]Student Grants[/title]
The mission of the Grants Steering Committee for the Houston Global Health Collaborative is to fund global health service projects, research projects, and educational programs designed and executed by Houston-area students in the health professions. The purpose of the Committee, as a subsidiary of HGHC, is to empower students to develop projects and leadership roles in the advancement of global health in Houston and other Texas communities, as well as abroad.
Grant Application for International Research and Service:
Spring/Summer Grant Cycle: May, 2nd 2021
Winter Grant Cycle: November 1st, 2021
NOTICE in regards to COVID-19: The HGHC Student Grants program is currently on hiatus in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. After much consideration and out of an abundance of caution, we have decided that funding international student projects is not feasible at this time. We will continue to evaluate the situation as it unfolds. Funding is still available for locally-based projects studying global topics.
Congratulations to Neima Briggs and his team of fellow student researchers from the National School of Tropical Diseases! His work to understand soil-transmitted helminthes in Honduras exemplifies the type of globally-important research and institutional collaboration taking place in the Texas Medical Center.
Former HGHC Grants chair, Erika Wood, presents Mr. Briggs with his award at our annual global health conference.
John Collier, Executive Director of Caring Friends, Inc., helped secure funds for our essay scholarship and travel grants. The recipients of the essay scholarship, given to graduate and medical students who incorporate the ethics of global health within a comprehensive worldview, are shown in this picture.
- Yajur Maker- Baylor College of Medicine, MS2, MDPhD Candidate
- Saira Alex- Baylor College of Medicine, MD Candidate 2022
- Committee Members:
- Former Chairs:
- Grace Howard- McGovern Medical School, MD Candidate 2021
- Maria Jaramillo- Baylor College of Medicine, MD Candidate 2021
- Public Relations: Renata Wettermann- Baylor College of Medicine, MD Candidate 2021
- Secretary: Amelia Khoei- Baylor College of Medicine, MD Candidate 2022
- Treasurer: Ahn Ly- UT Health Science Center at Houston, MPH Candidate 2022
- Technology Chair: Madhushree Zope- Baylor College of Medicine, MD Candidate 2021
- Former Chairs:
- Program Representatives:
- Baylor College of Medicine: Savannah Bryce
- Texas Woman’s University: Shumaila Moosa
- Texas A&M School of Medicine: Jacob Moser
- UT School of Public Health: Selena Moore
- UT McGovern Medical School: Isabella Bumanlag
- UT School of Dentistry: Deya Pajarillo
- UTMB School of Nursing: Emily Tomchesson
- UTMB School of Medicine: Ayma Youssef, Jessica Grant-Dennis
- UH School of Optometry: Joseph Trinh
- UH School of Pharmacy: Katy Oliveira
- UH School of Medicine: Maya Fontenot
NOTE: Deadline extension: May 2nd, 2021
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of past grant recipients, please click here.