The mission of the Grants Steering Committee for the Houston Global Health Collaborative is to fund global health service projects, research projects, and educational programs designed and executed by Houston-area students in the health professions. The purpose of the Committee, as a subsidiary of HGHC, is to empower students to develop projects and leadership roles in the advancement of global health in Houston and other Texas communities, as well as abroad.
Grant Application for International Research and Service:
Winter Travel: November 1st, 2019
Spring Break Travel: March 1st, 2020
Summer Travel: April 1st, 2020
Congratulations to Neima Briggs and his team of fellow student researchers from the National School of Tropical Diseases! His work to understand soil-transmitted helminthes in Honduras exemplifies the type of globally-important research and institutional collaboration taking place in the Texas Medical Center.
HGHC Grants chair, Erika Wood, presents Mr. Briggs with his award at our annual global health conference.
John Collier, Executive Director of Caring Friends, Inc., helped secure funds for our essay scholarship and travel grants. The recipients of the essay scholarship, given to graduate and medical students who incorporate the ethics of global health within a comprehensive worldview, are shown in this picture.
- Chair: Grace Howard (McGovern Medical School, class of 2021)
- Secretary: Maria Jaramillo (Baylor College of Medicine, class of 2021)
- PR Chair: Lea Sacca (UT School of Public Health, class of 2019), Renata Wettermann (Baylor College of Medicine, class of 2021)
- Membership/Funding Chair: Hadi Barghouti (UH College of Pharmacy, class of 2019)
- Grant Recipient Liaison: Weijie Lin (Baylor College of Medicine, class of 2019)
Contact us at email@example.com.
For a list of past grant recipients, please click here.