Abstract Information and Submission
The Houston Global Health Collaborative (HGHC) invites all persons wishing to report global health research, innovative projects or novel programs to submit abstracts for consideration to be presented at our 6th Annual Conference: GLOCAL 2018.
Types of acceptable research and material include:
- Clinical/field research
- Basic science/animal study
- Program design, implementation, and/or evaluation
- Systematic review
- Case study
All abstracts are welcome, but preferred topics include:
- Healthcare Business
- Global Health Humanities
- Health Equity
- Psychosocial Issues
- Health of Migrants
- Global Surgery
- Disaster Recovery
- Innovations and Sustainability
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Fill out the abstract submission form below. An email will be sent to your email address to confirm submission. If your abstract is accepted for poster presentation, please register for the conference to present your poster.
- All abstracts must be submitted by January 29th. *Note: this is an extended deadline
- Notification of committee’s decision will occur via email by February 15th.
- Abstracts that do not comply with guidelines will not be reviewed or considered for poster presentation. Please note that abstracts based on published manuscripts will not be accepted for presentation.
- For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be in English
- Must not exceed 300 words. (Note: This count does not include the abstract title or section titles (e.g. purpose, methods, results, conclusion)
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included
- Abstracts for field research, basic science/animal studies, program implementation or evaluation and systematic review must be written in the following format:
- Abstracts for case studies or program development must be written in the following format: