The Houston Global Health Collaborative (HGHC) invites all persons wishing to report global health research, innovative projects, or novel programs to submit abstracts for consideration to be presented at our 12th Annual Conference.
Types of acceptable research and material include:
- Clinical/field research
- Basic science/animal study
- Program design, implementation, and/or evaluation
- Systematic review
- Case study
All abstracts are welcome, but preferred topics include:
- Disease Prevention
- Global Health Technologies
- Global Surgery
- Migrant Health
- Human Rights
- Health Policy
- Environmental Health
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Fill out the abstract submission form here. The form applies to both poster and plenary speaker submissions. An email will be sent to your email address to confirm submission. If your abstract is accepted for poster presentation, please register for the conference to present your poster.
- All plenary speaker submissions must be submitted by February 19th. Notification of the committee’s decision will occur via email by March 1st. All poster presentations will be a 7-minute presentation followed by a Q&A from judges. Participants chosen as plenary speakers will receive a monetary award towards conference expenses (more information will be attached to the acceptance email).
- All abstracts must be submitted by February 26th. Notification of the committee’s decision will occur via email by March 1st week.
- Abstracts that do not comply with guidelines will not be reviewed or considered for a poster presentation. Please note that abstracts based on published manuscripts will not be accepted for presentation.
- For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be in English
- Must not exceed 300 words. (Note: This count does not include the abstract title or section titles (e.g. purpose, methods, results, conclusion)
- Tables, charts, or other graphics may not be included
- Abstracts for field research, basic science/animal studies, program implementation or evaluation, and systematic review must be written in the following format:
- Abstracts for case studies or program development must be written in the following format
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com