Abstract Information and Submission
The Houston Global Health Collaborative (HGHC) invites all persons wishing to report global health research, innovative projects or novel programs to submit abstracts for consideration to be presented at our 5th Annual Conference: Sustain 2017.
Types of acceptable research and material include:
- Clinical/field research
- Basic science/animal study
- Program design, implementation, and/or evaluation
- Systematic review
- Case study
All abstracts are welcome, but preferred topics include:
- Building Partnerships
- Innovations and Developing Technologies
- Infectious Disease
- Maternal and Child Health
- Poverty and Nutrition
- Local Opportunities
- Mental Health
- Essential Surgical Care
Maternal and Child Health abstracts will be presented on Friday. Those abstracts with different subjects will be presented on Saturday. All presenters are required to hang their posters on Friday. Further instruction will be provided by email.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Register for the conference before submitting an abstract at EventBrite link on the Registration page.
- Once registered, fill out the abstract submission form below. An email will be sent to your email address to confirm submission.
- All abstracts must be submitted by March 1, 2017.
- Notification of committee’s decision will occur via email by March 8.
- Abstracts that do not comply with guidelines will not be reviewed or considered for presentation.
- For any additional questions, please email email@example.com.
- Must be in English
- Must not exceed 300 words. (Note: This count does not include the abstract title or section titles (e.g. purpose, methods, results, conclusion)
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included
- Abstracts for field research, basic science/animal studies, program implementation or evaluation and systematic review must be written in the following format:
- Abstracts for case studies or program development must be written in the following format: