Interested in getting involved with the Houston Global Health Collaborative? We are currently accepting applications for committee chairs and members for our 2014 Global Health Conference.
A brief overview of the conference planning committees :
- Executive: Consists of Conference Chair, Vice-Chair, and the Committee Chairs.
- Abstracts: Prepare research aspects of the conference, including call for abstracts, selection of posters and oral presenters, and award determination.
- Fundraising and Grants: Locate monetary funding and in-kind donations to fund events and are responsible for obtaining and awarding grant money.
- Logistics: Coordinate budget, venue, food, set-up, and miscellaneous conference needs.
- Program: Plan events and speakers of the HGHC annual conference. Coordinated by the Conference Vice Chair.
- Public Relations: Responsible for advertising and media coverage.
- Technology: Focus on web design, social media presence, and electronic idea generation.
The available leadership positions include:
- Abstracts Chair
- Fundraising and Grants Chair
- Logistics Chair
- Public Relations Chair
- Technology Chair
If you are interested in participating, download the application below and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for chair applications is August 24 and for committee members is September 28.