Abstract Information and Submission
The Houston Global Health Collaborative (HGHC) invites all persons wishing to report global health research, innovative projects or novel programs to submit abstracts for consideration to be presented at our 2nd Annual Conference: Connect 2014.
Types of acceptable research and material include:
- Clinical/field research
- Basic science/animal study
- Program design, implementation, and/or evaluation
- Systematic review
- Case study
All abstracts are welcome, but preferred topics include:
- Maternal and Child Health
- Building Partnerships
- Lessons From the Field
- Infectious Disease
- Global Health, Technology and Innovation
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Register for the conference before submitting an abstract at EventBrite link on the Registration page.
- Once registered, fill out the abstract submission form below. An email will be sent to your email address to confirm submission.
- All abstracts must be submitted by February 1, 2014.
- Notification of committee’s decision will occur via email by the middle of February.
- Abstracts that do not comply with guidelines will not be reviewed or considered for presentation.
- For any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be in English
- Must not exceed 300 words. (Note: This count does not include the abstract title or section titles (e.g. purpose, methods, results, conclusion)
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included
- Abstracts for field research, basic science/animal studies, program implementation or evaluation and systematic review must be written in the following format:
- Abstracts for case studies or program development must be written in the following format:
- Authors may indicate a preference for oral or poster presentation; however, the review committee will make final decisions.
- Preference will be given to oral presentations if:
- The work is original research that has not been previously published or presented
- The work is completed
Abstract Submission Form